10 Captivating facts about Rosie Reast writer.
I love stories, I love reading stories, writing stories and finding out how and why people act the way they do. I first started planning out this website, Rosie Reast Writer when my children were little, and I had completed the first draft of my first novel.
“It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
My favourite stories are where amazing things happen to normal people, and how the characters or people rise to the challenges they are faced with. Of course sometimes they don’t always cope, or things get worse but in my favourite stories the character survives and finds peace in the end.
The stories I write show normal people faced with extraordinary life events, how they deal with the events show they were never ordinary, quite the opposite in fact. All my stories will have an element of the fantasy, some are set in another reality or world, but all have real people, real characters reacting in ways that are instantly recognisable.
Shifter Unknown by Rosie Reast
Shifter Unknown is a tale about Gerda a young girl, who wants to be a healer. Her training is interrupted when she is forced to flee from soldiers searching for Shifters.
She continues her training in the City, using her skills to heal the homeless community. Then discovers a disease is killing the Shifters of Gapone and finding the cure will require her to go against the might of the Tration Empire.
If you’d like to find out more about Shifter Unknown then please sign up to my Newsletter. I don’t often send things out via email.
I have also written some short stories, I have shared one of them here. It was one of the first things I shared online as Rosie Reast and is about a character called John Staffhand. One day I plan to expand on this story but for now I am focussing on Gerda and the people of Gapone.
10 Things you might not know about Rosie Reast.
- I love old things that give me a glimpse into how people used to live. These might be pictures, objects or books. (I especially love the books!)
- I am a keen amateur musician, I’ve been playing the violin (fiddle) for over 30 years. I attempt to play the guitar and mandolin, with varying degrees of success.
- Loves Marmite
- Has an abnormal love of creating spreadsheets and working out problems in Excel.
- Is convinced there is a creature who sneaks around stealing tea from people’s cups.
- Used to believe it was impossible to have too much Lego. Until we reached the point of ‘too much Lego’.
- Trying to live a plastic free life, as much as possible. Changes I have made include using bars of soap, wooden toothbrushes and a refillable pen.
- Can play the fiddle and dance at the same time.
- Do my best writing in the early morning, while the rest of the family is asleep.
- I’m a bit rubbish at cooking.
What to expect from this site.
Posts on this site will be a mixture of updates on my personal life: writing progress, family life snippets, living plastic free and juggling working full time with writing.
There will be posts about my books and where I get my inspiration from and explaining different elements of my book, for instance what is a shifter?
Other ways to connect with Rosie Reast.
I am present on most social media platforms and also have a contact form if you want to email me directly. You can find these details here: