In recent months life has seemed increasingly hectic, leaving me feeling frazzled and wondering where the time goes. (Not a nice feeling)
So I have started to track my time to see exactly what is happening and where I can squeeze in some extra writing time. So without further ado here are my stats for the week just gone.
Family things (including essential life admin things eg cleaning): 30%
Three elements (sleep, work and most importantly family) I can’t really change these stats too much, as I need sleep, to pay bills and spend time with the family.
- Travel time is a sizeable proportion of my week
- 2% writing is clearly not enough
- Solution: reduce travel time or make it more productive.
Plans for week ahead:
- Use travel time to blog (what I’m doing right now) Edit: Sadly technical problems stopped me publishing this post this morning. Hopefully this will be fixed soon
- Write a little bit everyday.
- Explore options for writing and editing work on the bus.
- Make Christmas cake and start Christmas planning so I can concentrate on NaNoWriMo
What are your plans for the week ahead? Have you got any tips for writing during a commute?